Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Of natural progression from plant to dog

So TOH and I have been happily married for almost four years. This means, by Indian standards we should have popped a human out of me by now. But thankfully neither of us can bring ourselves to make that kind of commitment.

Meanwhile of course, the family is doing everything possible short of pinning me down and artificially inseminating me.

The issue which TOH and I discussed was about how neither of us have a nurturing bone in our bodies. Knowing this we came upon a simple and very logical progression to determine if we should have a child.

Plant --> small furry animal --> dog

At each step if we successfully manage to keep these things alive then we are good to go.

For step 1, we needed a plant. Now I did not want to start right at the seed level because you know, too much effort plus you never know how the seed can turn out (not nurturing and commitment phobic at all). So we got an oregano plant (fully grown) because I love oregano and to replicate the "love" at having a child level I felt oregano would be a good start.

We got the plant home, I watered it with all my heart and believe it or not in two days flat the plant was dead! Not a couple of leaves wilted or slightly droopy kinda dead - I mean dead like not a leaf on the twig dead.

So clearly step 1 in the whole experiment was as Brother would say #epicfail.

TOH came home and we both shook our heads thinking "we told you so" and quietly wiped out all the traces of us ever owning a plant.



No comments:

Post a Comment